There are many options for study related visas. Some of these options are listed below. If you do not fit into these categories, there may be other options available to you.
- Vocational education and training (subclass 572) most popular and inexpensive option to remain in Australia for longer.
- English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students
- Higher education (subclass 573) for Bachelor degree, graduate certificate/diploma or Masters by coursework
- Postgraduate research (subclass 574) for Masters by research or Doctorate
- Non-award (subclass 575) for any full-time course that does not lead to an Australian award.
Vocational education and training (subclass 572)
If you are looking to extending your visa we recommend this visa. We have partnerships with schools and can offer you a course for $100 a week with a 2 day per week commitment, open evenings, Saturday/Sunday as well for people who want their work week free.
What this visa lets you do:
- you can study in Australia
- stay in Australia for the duration of your course. We can secure courses for up to 3 years for you with the possibility to extend if you wish
- dependent family members can accompany you to Australia
- you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks
- accepted for full-time study in a registered course. A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). We can find you an approved course for $100 per week.
- meet English language requirements
- have Overseas Student Health Cover for the full period of your visa. We offer the most inexpensive health insurance which gives you full coverage.
Transitioning from a Student Visa to a Work Visa
Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485)
This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australia college or university. This visa is a temporary visa that allows you to work in Australia after you have finished your studies.
What this visa lets you do:
- Work with full work rights
There are two streams in this visa program:
- Graduate Work Stream: for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian college or university with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List. This visa is valid for 18 months.
- Post-Study Work Stream: for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian college or university, regardless of what course you studied. This visa is valid for up to 4 years depending on your qualifications.
- are in Australia
- hold a relevant student visa
- meet the two-year Australian study requirement
- have at least competent English
- have recently graduated with either an eligible qualification or with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupational List (SOL).
Note: You can apply for this visa even if you have a No Further Stay (8503 or 8534 condition) on your visa. Ask us how.Find Out More